Local SEO Overview
Local SEO is a type of online marketing that helps businesses increase search engine traffic based on map placement for geographic related keywords. While there is some similarity between tactics used for general SEO versus Local SEO, the local algorithm for ranking is different from the general search algorithm. A The Local SEO results are the fastest way for local businesses to get placement in search engine results page. Local SEO works best for businesses that have established local operations in one or more locations. National companies without local addresses cannot create local business profiles.
Mobile phone applications like Google Maps use the same ranking methods and database of business information used by the local results section of the SERP. This is important for many local businesses because the number of local searches for retail and services businesses from mobile phones continues to grow each year.
Finally, with search engines like Google adding social media services, Google has integrated their local search into Google+ Local. The merger of local and social will continue so it is important that businesses establish their local presence on websites like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp and others.
Our team builds listings with the directories and tools listed below.
Local SEO Process Overview
Good local rankings come from claiming profiles on the primary local sites, enhancing those profiles, and updating them with reviews and specials as well as building citations from your website and other directories. With this in mind, the bullets below summarize our process for optimizing your website’s rankings:
- Verify and enhance profiles – we help verify your profile on Google+ Local, Yahoo and Bing. Each requires a postcard address verification. Our software lets you know when those cards will arrive and provides a way for you to give us the verification information. Once your listing is verified, we use content from your website and onboarding questionnaire to add photos, videos and other business information.
- Build Citations – We submit your business NAP (Name Address Phone) to national and local business directories. These business listings build credibility for your local listing. One of the most important citations for your business profiles is your website. We provide specific local seo recommendations for your website.
- Offers and Reviews – We work with you to get customers to add reviews to your local pages. We setup an email program and provide badges for your website. Reviews improve the authority of your local profile and also give potential customers more information about your business. Additionally, many of the local sites allow you to periodically update an offer or special. We’ll help keep your local listings updated with new information.
Claiming your spot in the Google Places listing is simple. However, it is rarely enough when it comes to ranking on the first page in Google Places and there is no point in being listed on page two. In order to bring you the front of the pack our team follows many local SEO steps, including these:
- Keyword Research & Competitive Analysis: We identify keywords that have the highest relevant searches in your area followed by a check up on what your competitors have been doing to steal your customers.
- Long term, Fully Optimized Listing: We build a fully optimized Google Places listing for the keywords of your choosing.
- Premium Optimized Videos & Images: Let us provide premium iStock photography and optimized videos for your Google Places Page
- Geo Tagging: By adding geographic data to photos online, we gain a geo targeted, high authority ‘mentions’ or citations of your business.
- Reviews: We create strategies that make it easy for your customers to submit reviews online.
- Local Directory Submissions: A submission is a ‘mention’ or citation on another website. We build local, relevant citations so you dominate.
- General Directory Submissions: We will carefully submit you to sometimes 1000s of online directories, increasing your online popularity and ranking.
- Social Profile Submissions: Social Media has long since been the THING. As a result it is also the THING for good rankings.
- Rapid Indexing via Ping/RSS Subs: This is fancy talk for waking the search engines up, and showing them how popular you are…in a bucket of cold water first thing in the morning fashion.
- My Maps & Placemarks: These are properties for promoting your business location. By leveraging popular Google properties, we drive top local SEO rankings.
- Backlinks to your Places Page/Citations/webpage: We build high authority, relevant links pointing at YOU to improve both delivery speed and ranking.
- Google Property Interlinking: We scratch Google’s back, they scratch YOURS. By making use of their tools, and interlinking, we create highways for quick discovery and ranking.